Guide to Move-in
Move-in Dates and Times
- Tuesday & Wednesday, Aug. 8 & 9 – Football
- Friday, Aug. 18 – Cross Country, Volleyball, and Soccer (subject to change)
- Sunday, Aug. 20 – ASOP students between 12 Noon and 4 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 21 – First-year students in School of Architecture, Management, and Engineering Technology (SAMET) and Nursing Major from 8 a.m. – 12 Noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 22 – First-year students in School of Arts and Science (SAS) from 8 a.m. – 12 Noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 23 – First-year students in School of Applied Technology (SAT) from 8 a.m. – 12 Noon and 1 – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 24 – Returning student move-in begins through the weekend
What do you do when you arrive on campus for move-in?
Upon arrival to campus, you will go directly to the residence hall to which you are assigned, you will be provided with instructions on where to park before you pick up keys and fill out your emergency card.
Potential Triple Room Information
Sometimes you may have a room assigned to you that is listed as a Potential Triple Room. This does not mean that three people have been assigned to that room; only that in the event we do, this room may be used as a temporary assignment. Be assured these assignments are only temporary. All students will be relocated to permanent assignments at the first available opportunity. For some, this will occur as early as Tuesday, Aug. 29, when the housing assignments of expected students who do not arrive are forfeited. Reallocation of residential assignments will continue until the last temporary accommodation is eliminated.
View a map of campus (pdf) to assist with location of residence halls, academic buildings, and other facilities on campus.
Guide to Moving and Packing
View a list of items to bring and what not to bring.
In Case of Emergency Information
When you arrive to campus during your check-in at the residence hall you will be asked to fill out a blue emergency card with contact information for our office to contact in the event of an emergency. This information is kept confidential and only used when necessary. Please review the In Case of Emergency (ICE) information.
Each residence hall provides a laundry room equipped with washers and dryers. The fee for laundry access is included in your room rate. All residential students will be provided with unlimited personal access to washers and dryers at any residential location.
Mailing Address on Campus
Please make sure you address your mail correctly so that the item will not be delayed. Also, be sure to secure a tracking number or request signatures for items of value and importance. Your name and your mail code are very important!
Your address MUST be addressed as follows:
First Name Last Name
10 Upper College Drive
Alfred, NY 14802
Week of Welcome Activities
Stay tuned for further information regarding Week of Welcome Activities for the 2023-2024 academic year!
Transportation Services to Campus
Alfred State offers transportation services to and from the Rochester Airport, as well as working with Coach USA to offer bus services to and from Alfred and New York, NY. For more information, please visit our Traveling to Alfred website.