- You will need two pieces of information when applying using the SUNY Application:
- Freshman applicants using the SUNY Application may also complete the SUNY Supplemental Application.
- High school graduates who have not attended a postsecondary institution must submit an essay directly to the Admissions Office.
- Students who would like to be considered for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) should check the appropriate box on the SUNY Application indicating their interest.
Track Your Application
- Once your application is received in the Admissions Office, information will be sent which allows you to access your student portal. The status of your application can be tracked through this portal.
- Contact the Admissions Office if you have decision/status questions.
Students with Disabilities
Students with disabilities should contact the Admissions office to inquire about special accommodations to assist them with the application process paperwork.
About the Application Process
Each application is reviewed individually by an Admissions Counselor. Alfred State offers rolling admission, which means students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Admission decisions are based on a holistic review of your background. We look at your high school average as well as your performance in required high school subjects. A personal interview, letters of recommendation, and a review of your high school and community activities and work experience are also used in the decision-making process. See a complete list of admission requirements.
Consistent with college policy, any deliberate falsification or omission of data on any admissions documents may result in denial of admission, revocation of acceptance decision, or administrative dismissal from the college.
We understand that the college search and application process generates many questions on the part of prospective students and their families. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have questions or requests for additional information or if you would like some assistance with the application process.