In 1945, the Educational Foundation - previously known as the Benevolent Association - was formed through private investment. It was incorporated in 1946 as its constitution states, "To establish, maintain, and manage living quarters, dining facilities, recreational centers, and other programs in harmony with normal student life in scholastic and recreational channels at Alfred State."
In 1968, the Benevolent Association's responsibilities changed when the state began providing residence and dining halls. The Benevolent Association liquidated itself and formed a new corporation called the Educational Foundation still dedicated to the purpose of benefiting the college.
Learn more about our heritage in A History of the Educational Foundation of Alfred, Inc. (PDF). The history, from its beginnings through the present, was written by Ellen Ehrig. The public relations committee continues to add information to the historical record.