Applications are being accepted for the new marketing BBA program to begin fall 2023!
The Business Department is excited to be offering a unique 2-in-1 marketing BBA program that provides students with application of graphic art and design, content writing for emergent media, and business marketing skills necessary for today’s digital marketing environment. Courses will immerse students in the new era of marketing focusing on consumer engagement through web, social media and mobile platforms, product creation and brand awareness, economic development through e-commerce, analyzing digital marketing performance, and management of digital, print, and AI advertising.
In addition, students who are looking for a basic marketing program are able to complete our marketing AAS degree. Upon completion, they will be able to transfer seamlessly into the comprehensive BBA degree.
- Prepares graduates for the new digital marketing environment with application of the latest technology software to design, write copy, and produce full content for web, social media, and mobile digital platforms.
- Create marketing advertising campaigns that tackle important topics of DEI, corporate sustainability, and international issues.
- Develop fundamental marketing analytics skills using key tools such as GA4 (Google Analytics).
- Discover how digital media marketing effects e-commerce in its performance and value to our economy.
- Learn key strategies to deliver effective marketing management communication plans.
- The BBA degree in marketing is designed to allow students to enter as first-year students or to transfer in after earning an AAS or AS in marketing or business.
“The new marketing BBA degree offered by Alfred State College will equip students with both marketing theories and practical learning. Graduates from this program will be well-prepared for a variety of marketing careers. With the tremendous evolution of the marketing industry over the last decade, the hands-on experience these students will gain gives them a step up from students with only conceptual knowledge. Having helped train recent college graduates as they enter their career, I see the importance of practical skills gained alongside a degree. I hope to have an Alfred State BBA graduate on my team!” – Kristy Green, account manager (Nielsen/Claritas).
- Marketing manager
- Website creative content developer
- Marketing analyst
- Graphic designer for digital media
- Digital media developer
- Advertising account executive
- E-commerce/business analyst
- Sales/marketing positions
- Marketing brand/design manager
- Social media manager
- Marketing project manager
According to the 2023 Bureau of Labor Statistics, occupations in advertising, promotions, and marketing managers have a growth rate of 10% whereas marketing research analysts are expected to exceed that at 19%.
“The students in a marketing advertising class designed an entirely new campaign for an existing unit on campus. Their attention to detail, knowledge of statistical data, comprehensive research, marketing perspective, and experience with digital, print, and insightful projection were not only brilliant but also directly aligned with the purpose of our project.”- Amy Keyes, marketing manager (ACES).