Graduates of the game & interactive design Bachelor of Science program will possess the skills and technical knowledge base necessary to be proficient and capable in both the design and development of interactive media. They will be well prepared for entry-level positions in the fields of experience (UX) design, application design, web design, data visualization, and interactive entertainment. The program's strength is in the versatility and flexibility of the graduating student, allowing employment opportunities to expand well beyond a singular field of design.
Incoming students are required to purchase a laptop and Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- The Adobe Creative Cloud software can be purchased at: https://www.adobe.com/
- Once there, choose the students and teachers tab for the educational discount.
- Please go to the following address to view system specific options for laptops: http://www.alfredstate.edu/required-laptops
We recommend the following laptop (or comparable)
OMEN Laptop – 15t (SKU:6CM24AV_1)
- Intel® Core™ i7 9750H (2.6 GHz, up to 4.5 GHz, 12 MB cache, 6 Cores)
- NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 (6 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- 15.6" diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)
- 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA; 128 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
- 32 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (2x16GB)
- Game design
- UX (user experience design)
- Interactive entertainment
- Application design
- Data visualization
- Web design