Checklist for Joining the Alfred State Police Academy
- Determine eligibility and program sought (pre-employment or employed)
- If currently a student in one of Alfred State's criminal justice programs, discuss how the academy could offset up to 12 elective credits with your adviser.
- Complete application (pdf); as part of application, have physical and signature from medical provider/physician.
- Submit completed (signed) application with non-refundable deposit.
- Following notification of date/time/place, complete the standardized physical fitness test.
- Following the physical fitness test, pre-employment cadets will schedule and complete an oral interview with the Session Director.
- Successful applicants and the full academy class will be notified of their acceptance and important information about deadlines and equipment needs. At this stage, unsuccessful applicants who met all requirements but were not selected due to class size or other variables determined by the ASPA will have deposit refunded.
I’m Interested - What Do I Do Now?
Email or phone us at number below to be added to a list of potential cadets, and you’ll be provided important application and updated academy information over the next few months. If you have specific questions about the academy, you may also contact:
Contact Us to Apply and for More Information
CCET@AlfredState.edu Tammy Edwards at 607-587-4017