The 350-hour Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor program is a non-credit certificate program through the Center for Community Education and Training at Alfred State. Courses are non-transferrable to any credit bearing program.
- All courses are offered online with the exception of 18-hours of “Skills Seminars” to practice what you have learned.
- Students are required to purchase two books that they will use throughout the program.
- Students will complete a 300-hour clinical internship to get hands-on experience in the field.
- Students who already work in the field and have a clinical supervisor do not have to do the clinical internship as long as their clinical supervisor can sign off on their ability to perform the 12 core functions of a substance abuse counselor. The certificate of completion will not be given until the Center for Community Education and Training has this sign off.
- Program highlights and process (pdf)
- Student application (pdf)
- Courses with cost breakdown (pdf)
- Internship (pdf)
Students Lacking a Few CASAC Hours
Students who lack hours to complete the CASAC program may take their remaining hours from Alfred State. Please contact NYS OASAS and ask for a deficiency listing sheet of the classes lacking to complete the program then contact The Center for Community Education and Training at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Alfred State offers recredentialing/renewal hours. Contact us at email@example.com for more details and course schedule.
Students who pay for the entire CASAC program up front and decide to withdraw will only be refunded the unused portion of the course fees. The classes taken will be added up and subtracted from the entire program cost. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.