In order to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19, all medical services will be provided by appointment only. Treatment will be conducted in-person and will comply with COVID-19 safety protocol and screening guidelines. To ensure the safest and best care during the pandemic, we cannot provide 'walk-in' services at this time.
To schedule an appointment with a medical provider please call Health and Wellness Services at 607-587-4200 (Alfred Main Campus) or 607-587-3141 (Wellsville Campus).
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have questions related to the virus call our COVID-19 hotline at 607-587-2619 (CO19) or email at COVID19@alfredstate.edu.
Treatment provided by caring licensed medical professionals
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common illnesses such as cold and flu
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of injuries such as minor accidents, strains, cuts, and sprains
- Monitoring chronic illnesses (with referral letter from PCP)
- Administration of allergy shots (with allergist orders if at maintenance)
- Basic laboratory tests (drawn if indicated)
- Contraceptive services (with Allegany County Department of Health)
- Sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment (with Allegany County Department of Health)
- Referrals to other physicians, facilities when necessary
- Individual smoking cessation
- Health and Wellness education information
If a student needs specialized services, staff can provide the names, addresses, and phone numbers of local gynecologists, orthopedic surgeons, dentists, general surgeons, internists, etc.
For appointments off campus, we offer assistance with our student-operated Transport Team. During Health and Wellness hours, please contact our office at 607-587-4200, after hours contact University Police at 607-587-3999 for a transport, if available.
All full-time students must pay a mandatory health fee. This fee covers services provided at the Student Health Centers including treatment, and prescriptive and non-prescriptive medicines.