In order to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19, all medical services will be provided by appointment only. Treatment will be conducted in person and will comply with COVID-19 safety protocol and screening guidelines. To ensure the safest and best care during the pandemic, we cannot provide 'walk-in' services at this time.
To schedule an appointment with a medical provider please call Health and Wellness Services at 607-587-4200 (Alfred Main Campus) or 607-587-3141 (Wellsville Campus).
Treatment provided by caring licensed medical professionals
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of common illnesses such as cold and flu
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of injuries such as minor accidents, strains, cuts, and sprains
- Monitoring chronic illnesses (with a referral letter from PCP)
- Administration of allergy shots (with allergist orders if at maintenance)
- Basic laboratory tests (drawn if indicated)
- Contraceptive services (with Allegany County Department of Health)
- Sexually transmitted disease testing and treatment (with Allegany County Department of Health)
- Referrals to other physicians, and facilities when necessary
- Individual smoking cessation
- Health and Wellness education information
If a student needs specialized services, staff can provide the names, addresses, and phone numbers of local gynecologists, orthopedic surgeons, dentists, general surgeons, internists, etc.
For appointments off-campus, we offer assistance with our student-operated Transport Team. During Health and Wellness hours, please contact our office at 607-587-4200, after-hours contact University Police at 607-587-3999 for a transport, if available.
All full-time students must pay a mandatory health fee. This fee covers services provided at the Student Health Centers including treatment, and prescriptive and non-prescriptive medicines.