The University Police Department has certified instructors to teach the Civilian Response to Active Shooter Events (CRASE) program to the community in the event of an active shooter on campus.
CRASE teaches students, faculty, and staff to learn the following:
- "Run, Hide, Fight" steps to take in an active shooter situation
- Situational Awareness – the ability to identify, process and comprehend information to survive in an emergency
- Mental scripting (the process of identifying and considering potentially dangerous scenarios, and working through the best response to them) and how it relates to a crisis
- Looking for warning signs of potentially aggressive behavior
- What to expect when police, EMS, and other first responders arrive
- How you can help police and other first responders
To arrange a session, email firstname.lastname@example.org referencing CRASE training. The University Police Department will reach out to set up the training session.
480 Seconds Video