In the event of an emergency or crisis situation
In the event of any possible life-threatening medical or mental health emergency, or If you, or someone you know, is in danger seek immediate help.
- If you are on-campus
- Call University Police at 607-587-3999 to be connected immediately with emergency services.
- If you are off-campus
- Call 911.
Non-life-threatening Crisis Situations
For a non-life-threatening medical or mental health crisis seek assistance.
- During Health & Wellness Services business hours
- Call Health & Wellness at 607-587-4200 (Alfred campus) or 607-587-3141 (Wellsville campus)
- Nights and Weekends
- Call University Police at 607-587-3999 to be connected immediately with crisis support services.
- Call the Alfred State College Crisis Line at 855-748-1246 between the hours of 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 a.m. Monday through Sunday.
For non-emergency situations outside of Health and Wellness Services business hours, the following additional resources are available locally.
St. James Hospital*
7329 Seneca Rd N, Hornell, NY 14843
Jones Memorial Hospital*
191 N Main St, Wellsville, NY 14895
*These services are not covered by student health fees; check with your health insurance provider.
Allegany County Crisis Hotline: call 888-448-3367.
With the launch of SUNY's Mental Health Repository, you can easily find information on mental health and well-being services available to you at Alfred State College. The resource also includes County mental health supports, a map feature, and the ability to search through service types. Check it out and let us know what you think! #ReachOutSUNY www.suny.edu/mental-health/resources/
The following are free, confidential, resources that are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- 211 Help Line: a 24-hour local crisis hotline, by calling 2-1-1 or 800-310-1160
- Assistance and referrals for emergency food, shelter, clothing, crisis counseling, substance abuse issues, employment, financial and legal issues, physical and mental health needs
- Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741741
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: call/text 1-800-273-8255 (TALK) or 988
- Ulifeline: suicide prevention and support designed specifically for young adults
- Veterans Crisis Line: text 838255 or call 1-800-273-8255 and press 1
- Sexual Assault Hotline: call 1-800-656-4673
- Trans Lifeline: 1-877-565-8860 (Open 11 a.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 or TEXT "TalkWithUs" to 66746 24-hour crisis counseling and support
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY)
- LGBTQ National Hotline: 1-888-843-4564
- NY Project Hope Coping with COVID Support Helpline: 1-844-863-9314
- Casa-Trinity Alcohol and Substance Use Treatment: 607-282-5201