Growing entrepreneurial skills for today’s agricultural business.
- Our graduates have the technical knowledge of agricultural production practices, land and water resources, management, and agricultural markets necessary to enter nearly any facet of the agribusiness field.
- Our students have hands-on experience with modern automated agricultural production systems, organic farming methods, and value added agriculture.
- Our students have the opportunity to work on the college farm and learn first-hand how to manage multiple species in modern high-tech facilities.
- Our students also learn the application of fundamental business management skills to agriculture.
- Management or ownership of commercial farms
- Agricultural credit officers for banks, government, loan agencies, and farm cooperative loan agencies
- Feed, seed, and fertilizer sales technicians
- Writers of technical publications, radio and TV scripts, news items for magazines and newspapers, education and public relations materials
- Manager/assistant managers of farm supply stores
- Warehouse managers for farm chemicals, feed, seed, and fertilizers
- Chain store and retail food management
- Agricultural consulting services
“This degree program offers students the opportunity to apply business and entrepreneurial skills to the development of viable agricultural enterprises.” - Phil Schroeder, Department Chair