- Academic Programs
- Course Descriptions Index
- Academic Departments
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Regulations
- College Catalog
- Academic Hall of Fame
- High School Challenge Program
- Certification Center
ASOP and EOP Programs
Alfred State Opportunity Program (ASOP) and Educational Opportunity Program (EOP)
Alfred State is pleased to offer the ASOP and EOP programs to qualified students.
Both programs offer an opportunity for higher education to high school graduates or to holders of high school equivalency diplomas who do not meet specified program requirements but who show the potential for college success.
Each program has been designed with academic success and educational achievement as primary goals.
All students who apply for the EOP program and meet the academic guidelines are initially accepted into the ASOP program until a determination can be made regarding financial eligibility for EOP. Students accepted through ASOP who also meet the financial guidelines for EOP will be accepted into the EOP program on a space available basis.
Students who did not apply for EOP and are accepted through ASOP may ask to be considered for EOP if they feel they meet the following financial criteria:
The table below lists financial eligibility requirements for EOP admission for students entering the 2013-14 academic year.
(including head of household)
|Total Annual Income in|
Previous Calendar Year
|*Plus $7,437 for each additional household/family member in excess of eight.|
Exceptions to Income Guidelines:
- The student's family is the recipient of Family Assistance or Safety Net payments through the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance; or through a county Department of Social Services; or Family Day Care payments through the New York State Office of Children and Family Assistance;
- The student lives with foster parents who do not provide support for college and the student's natural parents provide no such support;
- The student is a ward of the state or county.
To see more SUNY regulations for EOP please visit http://www.suny.edu/student/academic_eop.cfm.
Learn More About ASOP and EOP
Click on the links below for additional information regarding the Alfred State Opportunity Program (ASOP) and the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).