Spring 2021 Room Sign-up Process
The room sign-up process with open via BannerWeb on Dec. 4, 2020 at midnight for the spring 2021 semester.
Please remember that this system will be online until Jan. 11, 2021. Any first year or transfer student can change their room assignment as many times as they want while the process is online. The room that is reflected at midnight on Jan. 11, 2021 will be your room assignment for the spring 2021 semester.
Note: Please be aware that any available single rooms will be listed in real-time online in BannerWeb. The Office of College Housing will be unable to make the decision to sell double rooms as single rooms until the spring 2021 semester begins and all students arrive back to campus.
Signing up for your room
Enter our housing portal at http://web.alfredstate.edu/Banweb.
Click the link "Continue," then "Enter Secure Area."
1. Login: Enter your user ID number or Social Security Number (i.e., 999999999) and your login PIN. Your initial PIN number is a random set of six characters and numbers that you received in a paper letter or an email message to your Alfred State account. Continuing students will use the PIN they have set up.
- Important for first time users:
- Once you log in, you will be asked to create a new PIN and set up a security question and answer. The question and answer will help you access your account if you ever forget your PIN.
- Note: When creating your new login PIN, be sure to make it easy to remember. The PIN must be six digits in the form of characters/numbers or any combination thereof. It's advisable to use words, not numbers or dates for your security question and answer.
- This PIN must be used whenever you log in to the secure area of BannerWeb to register for classes, process your bill, request transcripts, print unofficial transcripts, change mailing address, print unofficial transcripts, change mailing address, check your grades, etc.
2. Click "Student Services & Financial Aid."
3. Click "Residential Life."
4. Click "Residence Hall Room Selection."
5. Select the term (i.e., Spring 2021) and click "Select Term."
6. Click in the Drop-Down Menu to select your room (NOTE: this will tell you the type of room and how many beds are available in the room).
7. Click on “Select Room.”
8. Check over the information on the confirmation page and verify that the student currently listed is who you want to room with.
9. If you would like to reside in the assignment you choose select “Save This Room Selection.”
10. If you would like to choose a different room, select “Select a Different Room” and repeat step 8.
11. To logout, click the "Exit" button.
12. Click "Return to Homepage."
13. Close your web browser to secure your records.
Space permitting, we will be conducting Open Room Changes within the first two weeks of the spring semester. Details of this process will be available on Student Announce at the beginning of the spring 2021 semester.
The Office of College Housing will not be using any wait-lists for specific buildings, single rooms, townhouse rooms, or MacKenzie Commons rooms for the spring 2021 semester.