Alfred State is giving prospective students and their families the opportunity to check out the college from the safety and comfort of their own homes this month by offering five Virtual Open Houses.
Kandi Geibel, director of Admissions and Enrollment, said, “We realize that students and their families are unable to visit campus in person right now, but we wanted to make it possible for them to check us out online and see what makes our college such a great choice.”
Each Virtual Open House is geared toward specific areas of interest, from healthcare to skilled trades. All Virtual Open Houses will feature an admissions overview, an opportunity to learn about financial aid, a chance to receive more information on the college’s academic programs, an opportunity to learn about life on campus, and question-and-answer sessions.
Virtual Open Houses will take place as follows:
• Monday, April 20 at 3 p.m. – Healthcare programs
• Tuesday, April 21 at 3 p.m. – Architecture, engineering technology, and media and game design programs
• Wednesday, April 22 at 3 p.m. – Business and computer and information technology programs
• Thursday, April 23 at 3 p.m. – Agriculture, veterinary technology, and liberal arts and sciences programs
• Tuesday, April 28 at 3 p.m. – Applied technology (skilled trades) programs
Students may register for a Virtual Open House or any of the college’s virtual visits by going to www.AlfredState.edu/Visit. Prior to each program, students will receive a link that will allow them to access the Virtual Open House.