Alfred State College Provost Dr. Kristin Poppo has announced the dean’s list of academically impressive students for spring 2019.
To be listed, students must have completed at least 12 credit hours for the semester and earned a 3.5 grade point average (GPA) out of a possible 4.0. For the most recent semester, the dean’s list includes 789 students. In addition, 210 of these students achieved a perfect 4.0 GPA.
Five graduating students earned the Orvis Award for Excellence in scholarship, service, leadership, and character. This award honors Paul B. Orvis, a former president of Alfred State, and State University of New York dean for two-year colleges.
The following is a list of 2019 Orvis Award winners:
- Ryan Shipherd, Randolph – masonry (AOS)
- Hannah Weaver, Spencerport – business administration (BBA)
- Susan Perry, Olean – graphic and media design (AS)
- Coral Smith, Kings Park – forensic science technology (BS)
- Brooke Licata, Conesus – veterinary technology (AAS)
The college congratulates all of the students who earned dean’s list and Orvis Award honors. The students’ hometown newspapers receive information regarding honorees, including details for each student earning a perfect 4.0 GPA. The complete dean’s list is available online at www.alfredstate.edu/deans-list.