Six new members were recently inducted into Alfred State College’s chapter of the world’s largest and most prestigious honor society for two-year college students, Phi Theta Kappa.
Alpha Sigma Mu, the name of Alfred State’s Phi Theta Kappa chapter, was established in 1992. Its mission is to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students.
New inductees include:
- Jalynn Ashdown, veterinary technology, Randolph
- Ashlyne Sullivan, veterinary technology, Monroe
- Vicky Pham, engineering science, Rochester
- Alexis Geiger, human services, Almond
- Kasey Fraser, radiologic technology, Lima
- Patricia Breberg, veterinary technology, Hornell
In order to be considered for Phi Theta Kappa, students must achieve a 3.5 overall GPA and maintain a 3.25 GPA throughout their college career.