Join us for Orientation!
Parents and guests are encouraged to attend orientation sessions with their student(s). There are sessions throughout the day specifically for parents and guests that run concurrently with the student program. Parents and guests will leave orientation with an understanding of what life will be like for their student here at Alfred State.
Parents and guests will also:
- Speak with campus personnel and administrators
- Ask questions of campus offices and departments
- Learn more about the transition that students will be going through when they first come to college and how to best support them during this time
- Receive a free calendar filled with important dates as well as tips and tricks to navigate the college experience!
Each guest will be charged $20 to attend an orientation session. An additional $20 will be charged to guests staying overnight as part of our Overnight Experience.
These fees support:
- Orientation session staffing and activities
- Food & snacks
- Registration materials
- August welcome week
- New student programming