Updated June 18, 2020
Positive Test Results On Campus
Negative Test Results On Campus
Awaiting Test Results On Campus
On-Campus Case Details
ASC encourages the flow of information and transparency during this crisis. To protect privacy, no personally identifiable information will be shared. All known tests taken and results are listed chronologically:
- 7/1 Employee reported contact with confirmed case and is obtaining testing. One symptomatic employee is obtaining medical clearance. Negative results reported for one employee from 6/30/2020
- 6/30 Two employees reported symptoms and are obtaining testing. Cleaning/Sanitation of employee work area.
- 6/26 One employee reported symptoms, and was cleared to return to work.
- 6/18 Employee reports they were tested and found negative.
- 6/18 Negative results reported for second employee from 6/5.
- 6/5 Negative results reported for one employee case on 6/5.
- 6/5 Two employees report symptoms and scheduling test. Neither have been on campus recently. Begin precautionary 14-day quarantine.
- 5/29 Negative results reported for employee case from 5/20
- 5/20 Employee reports symptoms and is scheduling a test. Cleaning/sanitation of employee work area. Begin precautionary 14-day quarantine.
- 5/15 Negative results reported for employee case from 5/11
- 5/11 Employee reports symptoms and is scheduling a test. Cleaning/sanitation of employee work area. Begin precautionary 14-day quarantine.
- 5/11 Negative results reported for employee case from 5/5
- 5/5 Employee reports symptoms and is awaiting test results. Cleaning/sanitation of employee work area. Begin precautionary 14-day quarantine.
- 4/25 Negative result reported for employee case from 4/20.
- 4/20 Employee reports symptoms and is authorized for testing. Cleaning/sanitation of employee work area. Close contacts were notified. Begin precautionary 14-day quarantine.
- 4/15 One employee from 4/14 test received positive results. The other employee from 4/14 has a negative result. Close contacts were also notified.
- 4/14 Two employees reported symptoms and were authorized for testing. Cleaning/sanitation of their work areas. Close contacts were notified. Begin precautionary 14-day quarantine.
- 4/13 Employee Monroe Bates who tested positive on 4/6 passed away. Additional information in COVID Tributes.
- 4/6 Employee tested positive and is admitted to a hospital. Cleaning/sanitation of employee work area. Co-workers in close contact are notified.
- 3/24 Nearby Alfred University clarifies details regarding an employee with a positive test.
- 3/23: Negative result reported for employee case from 3/16.
- 3/16 Employee reports symptoms and is subsequently approved by county for testing. Cleaning/sanitation of employee work area. Begin precautionary 14-day quarantine.
Definition of On-Campus Cases: This data is for cases with an on-campus relationship to workplaces or housing and does not include persons who have been working or studying remotely beyond the dates that could lead to a campus impact. ASC is following SUNY guidance regarding Emergency Notifications of serious illness in compliance with the Federal Clery Act as described further below.
Data Sources: Positive cases listed above indicate that ASC has reliable confirmation of a positive test for COVID-19. It does not include rumor or generalized symptoms of flu-like illness. Known cases are received from self-reports, notifications from Allegany County DOH, or other public health agencies.
New York State Cases by County
Allegany County Department of Health Press Releases
On the map below, click a county for data.
Federal Clery Act Reporting
According to guidance from SUNY, COVID-19 qualifies as a “serious illness” for Emergency Notifications of communicable diseases that may impact the health and safety of students and employees under the Federal Clery Act when certain standards are met. A few items of note:
- In addition to posting the information on this website, any positive test results will be shared in an Emergency Notification through an active format such as email or text.
- The Emergency Notification only applies to on campus impacts. It does not apply to other Clery Act geography such as Public Property and Non-Campus Property or incidents occurring in the community around the campus.
- ASC will update this page with any information regarding a student in quarantine on campus. The existence of residential space used for quarantine does not need to be an Emergency Notification under the Clery Act if there is no immediate threat to others.
Similar Symptoms & Quarantine Data
If a case results in a test being taken, that information is included above in the testing data section of this page.
0 - Number of on-campus employees currently at home on precautionary quarantine. Such a quarantine is recommended after there is some form of potential contact with a person who may be positive and/or evidence of symptoms similar to COVID-19.
52 - Number of on-campus employees previously at home on a precautionary quarantine that has now elapsed.
0 - Number of on-campus students currently or previously on precautionary quarantine. The student population is primarily living at home. Only a limited number of students are on campus due to hardship situations.
Campus Protocol: Students, faculty and staff who feel ill are instructed to stay home. If a campus community member reports symptoms similar to COVID-19 they are instructed to remain home and seek medical advice regarding testing. If the person has been on campus recently, cleaning/sanitation is performed in areas of potential contact and those within close proximity are notified. Only a limited number of essential employees are currently reporting to campus for work.
COVID-19 Testing: It's important to remember that not all requests for testing are approved by medical providers and/or the Department of Health. There is also a web-based tool that helps you understand your symptoms: New York Department of Health COVID-19 Online Assessment