The minor must be completed with an overall GPA of 2.0 in all courses taken at Alfred State.
A minimum of 12 hours of additional course work that is NOT required by the program major is needed – elective courses in the major can also be applied towards the 12 hour requirement.
Requirements that are met by required courses, equivalent courses, or by certification exams would not count towards the minimum of 12 hours of new course work – additional elective courses can be used to meet the 12 hour requirement.
|Course Number||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|ELET 1133||Digital Logic||3|
|ELET 1111||Digital Logic Lab||1|
|ELET 1102||Intro Computer Hardware or CompTIA A+||2|
|ELET 5224||Advanced Microprocessor Systems OR
Microsoft Windows 2000 OR
|ELET 8234||LAN Systems or Microsoft Windows Server||4|
|Minimum of two additional electives*||7-8|
|Total Number of Credit Hours||21-22|
*Computer Technology Minor Electives
Minimum of two electives from the following list (or an appropriate certification):
- ELET 2143 Embedded Controller Fundamentals
- ELET 3244 Embedded Controller Application
- ELET 3444 Electronic Communications
- ELET 4174 Network Infrastructure Essentials
- ELET 5414 Network Design & Implementation (Microsoft Network Design & Imp.)
- ELET 6404 WAN Systems
- ELET 7204 Routing & Switching (Cisco CCNA)
- ELET 7424 Signal Processing