Complete all steps below. Recommended deadline dates are June 15 for an August start, or November 15 for a January start. Print off all forms and mail originals to:
Alfred State, SUNY College of Technology
Admissions - International
Huntington Administration Building
10 Upper College Drive
Alfred, NY 14802-9951 U.S.A.
Apply to Alfred State
[See the International Student Application Checklist for help with the application process.]
Submit Financial Documents
Submit evidence of financial support, including:
- The International Student Financial Statement/Form FSA-4 (PDF); and
- An official bank statement (copies are not acceptable) on bank letterhead. The bank statement must indicate that the applicant or sponsor has sufficient funds to pay for the first year of study in the United States.
Submit Academic Documents
Submit the appropriate academic records from all secondary and post-secondary institutions you have attended, including:
- Official transcripts
- Matriculation certificates
- Mark sheets and/or diplomas
- Academic records must be official. A photocopy or a fax of a record without a fresh ink signature is not considered official. If the transcripts are not in English, have them translated into English and notarized/certified.
Demonstrate Language Proficiency
Submit official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, or PEARSON score report from the testing center.
- Alfred State’s TOEFL school code is 2522.
Submit Test Scores
Submit official SAT or ACT scores if applicable. Standardized test score (ACT or SAT) results are for some scholarship considerations, and for those interested in participating in intercollegiate athletics. When multiple SAT score reports are submitted, the highest composite score (critical reading and math) is used.
Submit Academic References
Submit at least one academic letter of reference written in English, including a valid email address to contact the referee.
Submit a copy of a valid passport.
Pay Application Fee
Submit a $50 USD non-refundable application fee in the form of a money order or cashier’s check. Pay to the order of Alfred State. Applicants may also wire money utilizing Flywire. Your application will not be processed until payment is received.
For Transfer Students
Please see additional instructions for transfer students.
Once an international student is accepted, an I-20 form is mailed with the acceptance letter to allow the student to apply for a student visa.
You will also find the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement page helpful. It has answers to questions about applying to college, paying the SEVIS fee, and applying for a visa.