- Applicants must possess a recognized high school/secondary school diploma. Verification must be supplied to the Admissions Office (Students who have earned a university/post-secondary degree and provide official verification are exempt from this requirement).
- Individual program requirements must be satisfied as indicated on the program's Web page (full list of academic programs).
- Applicants with previous university/post-secondary experience must submit an official transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution attended. If applicable, students must also supply proof of university/post-secondary graduation.
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores if applicable. Standardized test score (ACT or SAT) results are reviewed for some scholarship considerations, and for those interested in intercollegiate athletics. Note: If a student entering submits standardized test scores, they are taken into consideration during the application review process. When multiple SAT score reports are submitted, the highest composite score (critical reading and math) is used.
- Applicants must submit proof of English proficiency. Please send an official score sheet of your examination results from the testing center (Alfred State’s TOEFL code is 2522). For information about the IELTS exam and how to send official scores, please visit www.ielts.org. Photocopies, scans, and faxed documents are not considered official.
- Minimum Requirement Scores:
- TOEFL paper-based test: 500
- TOEFL Internet-based test: 61
- IELTS: 5.0
- Pearson: 46
- Minimum Requirement Scores:
- One academic letter of reference written in English, including a valid email address to contact the reference.
- A copy of a valid passport
- Applicants must submit an official bank statement on bank letterhead. The bank statement must indicate that the applicant or sponsor has sufficient funds to pay for the first year of study in the United States. The bank statement must contain a fresh ink signature or stamp from a bank official in order to be considered official.
- Applicants must complete a 1-2 page personal essay with their application. The personal essay is to be written by the student in English. Examples of content include why you are applying to study in the United States, reasons for selecting the field of study chosen, work experience relevant to your field of study, special interests and abilities you have, plans for further study and/or employment after completion of your first degree, reasons why you want to study at Alfred, and how you can contribute to the campus.
ONCAMPUS SUNY is a partnership with Morrisville State College where we prepare international students to succeed academically, socially, and professionally with a one year university transfer program that enables students to earn college credits while gaining a deeper understanding of the U.S., its education system, and which options in the SUNY system are best. ONCAMPUS SUNY students have the entire SUNY system of 64 schools to work with. Within the SUNY system are Affiliate Partners like Alfred State making it easier to apply & enroll as a transfer student.