Skip to main content

600 Withdrawal and Readmission

600 Withdrawal and Readmission

601 Withdrawal from College

601.1a A formal withdrawal or leave of absence from the college is not official until the registrar signs the required form.

601.1b A student who receives a leave of absence, withdraws or is academically dismissed after more than 30 instructional days into a semester shall receive a grade of G or H, depending on the student's academic standing in a course on the last day of attendance in that course.

601.1c Continuing students who have officially withdrawn from the college are eligible to apply for readmission. The "application for readmission" form is available by contacting Admissions.

601.2 Students leaving the college during a semester without formally withdrawing, have not received a leave of absence, been academically dismissed will not receive G or H, determined as of the last day of attendance in that course.

601.3 Part-of-term courses that are completed prior to the date of withdrawal, leave of absence, or academic dismissal will be assigned a grade (A-F, G or H, or NG) at the discretion of the faculty member instructing the course, with notification to be given to the student's department chair.

601.4 Any student suspended/expelled from the college will be issued a grade of NG for each course he/she was enrolled in during the semester when he/she was suspended/expelled.

601.5 A student who is currently suspended/expelled from the college for disciplinary reasons is not eligible to apply to graduate nor can his/her name be added to any final graduation list.

602 Readmission

602.1 A student who has discontinued his/her academic program prior to meeting graduation requirements and wishes to apply for readmission must complete the Alfred State Application for Readmission through the Admissions Office.

602.2 A student who is or will be a graduate of the college and wishes to apply for readmission must complete a SUNY Application and process it through the Application Services Center for a new program. The new program must be significantly different than the program from which the student graduated (See Section 205 for Earning Two Degrees). The Admissions Office in conjunction with the Academic Affairs Leadership Team will create acceptable readmission application procedures to implement the two parts of this regulation.