|Department: ||Civil Engineering Technology|
|Office Location:||Engineering Technology Bldg.|
|Office Phone: ||607-587-4654|
1996 State University of New York, University at Buffalo
Department of Civil Engineering, Buffalo, New York
Master of Engineering: Construction Engineering and Management.
Cumulative GPA: 4.0/4.0
1983 Pennsylvania State University, Capitol Campus
Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural Design and Construction Engineering
Technology conferred with highest distinction.
1981 Pennsylvania State University, Mont Alto Campus
Mont Alto, Pennsylvania
Associate Degree of Engineering in Surveying Technology conferred with highest
• Civil 1013 Portland Cement Concrete
• Civil 2154 Quality Control of Construction Materials
• Civil 4143 Contracts, Specifications and Estimating
• Civil 5104 Geologic Engineering
• Civil 6113 Environmental Engineering Technology
• Civil 6212 Construction Safety
• OSHA 10-Hour Safety Training Certification
• OSHA 30-Hour Safety Training Certification
• American Concrete Institute Concrete Field Testing Technician, Grade 1 Certification
• 09/2000 – 09/2008 Habiterra Architecture and Landscape Architecture, P.C.,
Jamestown, New York
Position: Director of Business Development, Project Architect
Responsible for maintaining existing client relationships, developing new clients and special projects for the 40-person national architectural design firm. Participated in design projects as assigned including new buildings, additions, renovations and existing building evaluations and studies.
• 05/1995 – 09/2000 Women’s Christian Association Hospital, Jamestown, New York
Position: Director of Facility Planning & Maintenance
Initially assigned responsibilities of Director of Facility Planning, which included oversight of all planning, design, construction, alterations and disposal of the hospital’s 500,000 sf, dispersed in 14 separate buildings. Subsequently, also assigned the responsibilities of Director of Maintenance which included directing, coordinating and administering all functions of the maintenance, facility planning and construction, biomedical, grounds keeping and medical incinerator divisions of the hospital.
• 05/1988 – 05/1995 Barnes Construction Corp., Falconer, New York
Position (s): Estimator, Project Manager, Safety Program Director, Corporate Secretary
Prepared detailed estimates for competitive bids from architectural plans and specifications and developed estimates for projects designed in-house on design/build projects. Performed daily contract administration duties. Developed and implemented firms written safety program. Served as management trustee and officer for the Southern Tier Building Trades Health and Welfare Plan.
• 06/1983 – 05/1988 Manor Care, Inc., Silver Springs, Maryland
Position: Project Manger
Responsible for $10 million worth of construction annually. Experience as both the owner’s representative on projects awarded to general contractors and as a construction manger on company built projects.
• Summers1980, 1981, 1982 Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
Position: Civil Engineer Intern
Interpreted specifications for construction crews, inspected ongoing highway and bridgework for conformance and quality and assisted in solving day today construction challenges.
• 1980 – 1981 Byers and Runyon Surveying, Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Position: Survey team member, part-time during school year.
• 01/1979 – 08/1979 Simmons and Associates, Erie, Pennsylvania
Position: Survey team member.
• 07/1974 – 07/1978 United States Navy
Honorably discharged as Personnelman Second Class (E-5). Served at stateside and overseas locations.
ResearchPublications and EventsHonors and Awards
• Evan Pugh Junior Scholar Award, Spring 1982 for ranking academically in upper one percent of Penn State University’s Junior Class
• Evan Pugh Senior Scholar Award, Spring 1983 for ranking academically in upper one percent of Penn State University’s Senior Class
• R.T. Brown Engineering Award for top engineering graduate at the Penn State’s University’s Capitol Campus
• Penn State University’s Capitol Campus Academic Award for final GPA of 4.0/4.0
• Louise Carnegie Academic Scholarship
• Society of Manufacturing Engineers Scholarship
• Penn State University’s Mont Alto Campus Associate Degree Scholastic Award for graduating first in respective class
• Pennsylvania Society of Land Surveyors Scholarship
• Henry Chrisman Surveying Scholarship
• Tau Alpha Phi Honorary Society for Engineering Technicians
• Rotarian of the Year, Jamestown Rotary Club, 2005
• Lion of the Year, Alfred Lions Club, 2010
• 2008 – current: Coordinated American Concrete Institute testing for Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I certification for students and industry personnel
• 2008 – current: Participates in Campus Open Houses for perspective students
• 2008- current: Faculty assistant for student chapter of Associated General Contractors Club
• 2009/2010– Provided OSHA 10-hour Training Course for Students
• 2009/2010 – Faculty-in-Residence Pilot Program participant
• 2009/2010 - Volunteer English Conversationalist for International Students
• 2010 – Chairman, Residential Director Search Committee (filled three positions)
• Registered Architect, New York State, January 2006
• Engineer in Training (EIT) Examination, April 1983
• Certified New York State Code Enforcement Officer, October 2005
• Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Certification June 2003
• ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician, Grade I, January 2009
• ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Examiner, June 2010
• 30 Hour OSHA Training, January 2009
• OSHA Train-the-Trainer Certification, RIT, March 2009
• Prelicensing Exam for Real Estate Sales Professional, June 2006
• Notary Public, New York State