You are hereHome ›
|Office Location:||Engineering Technology Buildin|
- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, MS (Mech. Eng.), 1982
- People's Friendship University, Moscow, MS (Mech. Eng. I.C.Engines), 1972
- Amrit Science College, Nepal , Engineering Science, 1966
- Professor, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering Technology, SUNY, Alfred State College, Alfred, NY. Responsible for teaching various mechanical engineering courses and development of new Internal Combustion Engine Laboratory. 9/82- present.
- Professor/Consultant Institute of Technology Tun Hussein Onn (ITTHO) Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Batu Pahat, Johor, Malaysia, 1996-97.
- U.N Consultant to Engineering Education Project, Institute of Engineering, Tribhuvan University, Nepal under UNDP TOKTEN ( Transfer of Knowledge Through Expatriate Nationals) Program, Summer 1993.
- Teaching Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, Syracuse University, 1980-81.
- Summer Employment in U.S. Electricar Corp. & SOJO Tools, Inc., 1981-82.
- Engineer-In-Charge, Automobile Section, Department of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Government of Nepal 1973-79. Responsible for supervision of repair & maintenance of automobiles and other equipment plus organization, manpower management, inventory control & technical training.
- Consulting Engineer, TECH Associates, Nepal, 1973-79. Consultant on design, estimation, supervision, installation, commissioning and warranty services.
- Technical Teacher and member of Curriculum Committee, MechanicalTraining Center, Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 1972-73.
- Master's degree project "Design of a diesel engine for 1.4 tons cross-country tractor with special measures for noise level reduction."
- Special Project on "Investigations on the application of Hydraulic Turbines in Small Scale Hydro Power Development."
- Report on Preliminary Feasibility Studies of Three Micro Hydro Power Sites in Central New York, Syracuse University.
- Project Advisor & Supervisor to several award winning SAE Student Competition Design Projects.
- Research and Tests on Gleasman Stepless Geared Orbital Transmission.
- Considerable Experience with teaching via Interactive Distance Learning and Multimedia.
- Considerable Experience in Engine Testing with Dynamometers and data-acquisition
- Considerable experience in Automotive Emission & Noise Testing and Analysis.
- Research Project on the effectiveness of Diesel Fuel Additives and Gasohol
- Research Project on Diesel Particulate Emissions and Particulate Filters.
- Considerable Experience with test, data analysis, documentation, proposal and report writing.
- Considerable Experience with ASTM, SAE, EPA tests procedures.
- Considerable Experience with Fuels, Lubricants and Additives.
- Considerable Experience with alternative and appropriate energy technologies.
- Reviewed several ASME IGTI technical papers.
- Reviewed Pre-publication Manuscript on "Energy Conversion Engineering" textbook.
- Delivered many talk programs and seminars on Engine technologies, Automotive Emissions, Emission Standards, Pollution Prevention Strategies and Emission Control technologies including a local and global perspective.
- NISOD (National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development) Award, Austin, TX, 1995.
- SUNY Chancellor's Excellence in Teaching Award, 1994.
- SAE International, Teetor Educational Award, Detroit, 1993
- Outstanding Research Activities Award by Research Council of SUNY, Colleges of Technology, 1991
- Outstanding SAE Faculty Advisor Award, 1991
- Mahendra-Ratna Award by His Majesty the King for outstanding academic performance
- Nepal - USSR Fellowship 1967-72.
- Faculty Advisor, SAE and ASME Student Chapters
- Associate Member, Society of Automotive Engineers International
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Vice President, ASME Olean Section 1999-2000.
- Member, Engineering Technologies Association (ETA)
- Member, Nepal Engineers' Association
- Advisor, International Students' Club 1988-90
- Chair/member, Campus Promotion Committee
- Member, Cultural Life Committee
- Special interests in Travelling and Linguistics.
- Traveled a great deal in North America, East Europe, West Europe and Asia.
- Good command in English, Russian, and Hindi, Nepali & Newari languages.
- Earned certificate of Qualified Interpreter from Russian into English language.
- Led EF Educational Tour Group to Soviet Union & Finland, June 1991.
For more information go the following link: