Thanks for your interest in helping to make Alfred State a greener and more sustainable place!
There are numerous opportunities to get involved in and around campus:
- Participate in the Green Team - This multi-stakeholder group of students, faculty, and staff is responsible for coordinating and advancing sustainability on campus.
- Join the Sustainability Club - This student organization organizes educational programs and advocates for sustainability on campus and beyond.
- Volunteer at the Alfred Community Garden - Working at the garden is an opportunity to gain hands on experience in sustainable agriculture while improving community food security.
- Subscribe to the Alfred State Sustainability email list - This discussion list will help keep you up-to-date about sustainability initiatives on campus.
- Follow us on social media - The Alfred State Sustainability Initiative is active on Facebook and Twitter.
There are also many sustainability projects that could use your help. If one of these projects looks interesting or if you have other ideas for how sustainability could be improved on campus, please contact Julian Dautremont-Smith, chief sustainability officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-587-4103.