- Bus Transportation
- Career Development
- Center for Diversity & Inclusion
- Computer Labs
- Health & Wellness
- International Student Services
- Learning Center
- Tutoring Services
- Student Disability Services
- University Police
Student Disability Services
Alfred State is firmly committed to providing an equal opportunity for a college education to all qualified students. The philosophy of the Office of Student Disability Services reflects the interpretation of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 in terms of providing reasonable and individualized accommodations. We welcome students with disabilities into our campus community and our programs. In this spirit, we are committed to providing reasonable opportunities to qualified students to participate in campus programs and activities. We recognize that the needs for each person with a disability are unique; therefore, services and/or accommodations are provided on an individualized basis. Students with disabilities are encouraged to participate in all aspects of campus life. Self-identification is essential and self-advocacy is encouraged.
How to Access Services
Students who will be requesting support services must identify themselves to the Office of Student Disabilities Services. To verify eligibility, documentation must be provided that clearly indicates the presence of a disability that limits a major life activity, the functional impact of the disability on the pursuit of post-secondary education, and justification of the need for accommodations. A counselor will determine eligibility for services based on the quality of the submitted documentation.
Students eligible for services/accommodations must meet with a disability counselor each semester. Student needs will be determined, put in letter form by a counselor, and delivered, by the student, to respective faculty.
If students fail to self-identify and/or provide adequate documentation of a disability, they will be unable to access services/accommodations. Early identification is encouraged.
- Confidentiality of Disability-Related Information
- Certification Exam Policy
- Course Substitutions and Waivers
- Determination of Services
- Evacuation Policy
- Full-time Students with Less than Traditional Full-time Load
- Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Documentation
- Guidelines For Documentation of A Specific Learning Disability
- Guidelines for Documentation of Psychiatric Disability
- Documentation Necessary To Validate The Existence Of Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Verification of Physical Disability
- How Need for Consideration or Accommodation Is Decided
- Institution’s Understanding of Its Responsibility to Provide Equal Access
- Procedure for Requesting Accommodations
- Responsibility for Accommodation Determination
NVRA Voter Registration
The Office of Student Disability Services, located in the Learning Center on both the Alfred and Wellsville campuses, is a National Voter Registration Act (NVRA) voter registration site. Voter registration forms can also be attained at the Office of Student Activities in the Orvis Student Activities Center. For more information, please visit the following Web site: http://www.elections.ny.gov/NVRA.html.
In Alfred: Melanie Ryan at (607) 587-4122.
In Wellsville: Marlee Cannon at (607) 587-3112.