If a student is unhappy with their roommate, what will be done about it?


First, we'll get both sides of the story. Please encourage your student to visit with the building Residence Director immediately. The RD is a professional staff person assigned to building operations. It's his/her job to see that our number one goal as a department, "the maintenance of a supportive education environment," is achieved. The RD will then speak with both parties, determine appropriate action, and recommend remedies. Your student's success is important to us, just like it is to you.