Tentatively May 2014
Ten-15 students/participants, one ASC instructor, and one ASC director will travel to the Higher School of Economics (HSE) in Perm, Russia. Students traveling will be ASC students, Alfred University students, and students from other SUNY (State University of New York) institutions. Participants, if any, will be faculty, staff, and/or alumni.
- Fly from Buffalo, NY to Moscow
- In Moscow
- A tour of the Red Square and the Kremlin
- Travel from Moscow to Perm, a traditional 23-hour train ride
- In Perm
- A home stay
- A mini-conference day in which ASC and HSE students have roundtable discussions and presentations about their cultures and societies
- A night at the Perm Ballet or other performance
- A civic engagement project, probably at an orphanage in Perm
- A farewell event
- Fly from Perm to Moscow
- Fly from Moscow to Buffalo, NY
- Throughout the trip, there will be class sessions to better understand Russian culture and society.
Tuition and fees  for 3-credit hours plus $2,700 to cover all major expenses.
For more information contact:
Dr. Jayne Swanson
Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 
Phone: (607) 587-3977