We all share a responsibility to take emergency management seriously and stay informed about emergencies that may arise. Alfred State College cares deeply about your safety and believes that SUNY Emergency Alert can help keep everyone safer. Please register!
- What is SUNY Emergency Alert?
- Why should I register?
- What can the system do?
- What type of situations will trigger use of the system?
- How do I register?
- How to Unsubscribe from SUNY Emergency Alert
SUNY Emergency Alert  is a Web-based portal to send emergency messages to students, employees, visitors, and parents.
Each of us has the responsibility to be as prepared as possible for any emergencies that may arise. By signing up for SUNY Emergency Alert, you can receive warnings and emergency information via the Web, your cell phone, e-mail and other technologies. Signing up is free. Standard rates apply to messages sent to you (i.e., cell phone minutes). Your information is protected and never shared with any one else. You can modify what type of information you receive or unsubscribe at any time. It is a tool to provide you with critical information when you may need it most.
SUNY Emergency Alert can provide critical emergency-related information including instructions and recommended protective actions, developed in real-time by emergency service personnel. The information will be disseminated through various communications systems such as e-mail, cell phones, SMS (text), and fax machines.
The system will only be used for issues involving a concern for life-safety, such as severe weather warnings, hazardous materials spills, ongoing violent incidents, and other dangerous emergency conditions. The system will NOT be used as a general announcement system or to provide "news."
There are two ways to register:
- Anyone logging into BannerWeb  will see a mandatory survey where a decision can be made on opting in or out of SUNY Emergency Alert.
- A second way to register (for those not using BannerWeb) is to register on the Web. Registration takes about two minutes. Here's how:
- Point your browser to http://www.suny.edu/sunyalertsec .
- Once you're there, use the same username/password that you use to login to Alfred State's network.
- Make sure to select the Alfred State campus.
- After you're logged in, decide which contact numbers you'd like to use; the only mandatory information is an email address and all others, such as a cell phone number or fax machine, are optional. Students may enter their parent's contact information on this form if they wish.
- Login to BannerWeb .
- Go to the “Personal Information” tab.
- Click “Emergency Alert Contact Information (NY-ALERT)” link. Your current contact information will display.
- Click the radio button for “I am not interested in participating in this service.” Then click continue.
If you no longer possess or remember your PIN number, contact the Help Desk (607) 587-4357 to have the PIN reset. A student, or former student’s access to BannerWeb is never removed.
If you are a family member of a current or former student who registered your phone number as a SUNY Emergency Alert contact, the initial subscriber must use the instructions above to remove your information. The database is setup by subscribers’ Alfred State e-mail addresses, not phone numbers. Because of this, we are not able to remove a standalone phone number on request.