How to Earn Points
Residents earn points for their halls by participating in the events, programs, and activities listed below. With so many point opportunities, everyone can contribute in some way! Participation in events and activities is tracked through sign-in forms, so be sure to sign in with your name, email, and residence hall to get credit for participating.
We regularly update the list of scoring opportunities over the semester. If you would like an event, activity, or program you are organizing to be considered for Pioneer Cup points, please complete the Pioneer Cup Event Application Form at least a week before the event is scheduled to take place.
Earn points any of the three ways below:
1. Event participation
You can earn Pioneer Cup points by participating in the events and activities shown on this calendar. Like us on Facebook  to get announcements about upcoming Pioneer Cup events.
2. Program participation
- Complete any level within the Emerging Pioneers Leadership Program *
- Participate in intramural sports *
- Participate on an athletic team 
One time activities
- Submit an essay for the National Student Day Contest 
- Enter a photo in the Civic Engagement photo contest 
* Starred items are worth double!
How Scores Are Calculated
Scoring is simple! Residence halls are awarded points based on the percentage of their residents that complete the actions listed above. For example, if 20 percent of residents attend one of the events, the residence hall would earn 20 points. Items that are labeled with a star above count double, which means 20 percent participation would earn 40 points!
In addition, the Steering Committee will be offering a variety of special bonus opportunities during the year. Thus far this year, they have included the following:
- Move-in day recycling – residence halls that effectively keep cardboard out of their dumpsters will receive 25 bonus points!