Alfred State’s Green Team  and Sustainability Club, the Alfred Sustainability Working Group, and Alfred University’s Green Alfred collaboratively invite the public to the following Earth Week Events during April:
- Grow! , Friday, April 13, in the Alfred Village Hall Auditorium from 7 - 9 p.m “A documentary film that captures the energy, passion, and independence of a fresh crop of young farmers.” Contact Ellen Bahr at Alfred University for further information firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Yert  (Your Environmental Road Trip), Student Gathering Place on the Alfred State campus Tuesday, April 17, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Wednesday, April 18, 5 - 7 p.m. - “50 States. One year. Zero garbage? Called to action by a planet in peril, three friends hit the road – packing hope, humor, and all of their trash – searching for innovators and citizens solving humanity’s greatest environmental crises.” For more information contact Calista McBride at Alfred State email@example.com .
- Hot Dog Day Events in the Village of Alfred, Saturday, April 21 - The Community Garden will host a booth that will feature the following:
- Free seeds and a planting activity for the kids.
- A vermicomposting demonstration by Alfred State students.
- A representative from the Cornell University Cooperative Extension Program of Allegany and Cattaraugus counties will be on hand to discuss 4H opportunities for youth in the region and to provide handouts for recycling projects.
- Free samples of locally made nut butters from Once and Again Nut Butters in Nunda, NY.
Contact Sandra Dennison at Alfred State for more information on the community garden firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Alfred Community Clean-up Day, Sunday, April 22 - Garbage bags and plastic gloves will be available in areas designated throughout the Village. (more info available as date gets closer)
- Alfred Community Swap Meet, Saturday, April 28 - The Swap Meet will take place in the Powell Campus Center on the Alfred University campus. (more info available as date gets closer)
- In May, there will be an e-waste drive, and the proceeds from that event will be donated to a local charity. (more info available as date gets closer)