For the second year in a row and the third time in the past four years, the Alfred State College will be hosting a Dig Pink event. All proceeds of Dig Pink events nationwide benefit the Side-Out Foundation, which in turn awards grants to medical research organizations and entities dedicated to providing compassionate support to breast cancer patients and their families.
Alfred State will host their Dig Pink event on Thursday, Oct. 13 when they host Finger Lakes CC at 6 p.m. The Lady Pioneers have a goal of raising $1,000.
Ways to get involved and donate to the Side-Out Foundation include:
- Donations can be made on-line at:http://www.side-out.org/application/ous/fundraising_page/2788 
- Black "Dig Pink" T-shirts are being sold by the volleyball players for $12. Dig Pink is written in pink on the black shirt.
- A pink duck adoption table will be set up for Thursday's game. Some ducks will have lucky prizes associated with them. Ducks will be $3 each.
- The volleyball team has designed gift baskets and they will be raffled off.
- A jar war competition will also take place with the person with the most money in their jar taking a pie to the face at the conclusion of the night. Competing in the jar war competition are college president Dr. Anderson, vice president for student affairs Dr. Tyrell, athletic director Dr. Daryl Arroyo, and men's basketball coach Jerry Jusianiec.
The Lady Pioneers will also be wearing their pink jerseys as they take on the Lady Lakers.
Last year's Dig Pink event raised $1,200 for the Side-Out Foundation.