Alfred State College Technology Services has joined with other SUNY institutions by joining Microsoft's Live@Edu . Help is available. If you are having difficulty with any of the listed features please contact the Alfred State Help Desk at ext. 4357, download and use the Live@Edu Start-up Guide , or review the Frequently Asked Questions below.
Live@Edu  Features and Benefits
All students will be able to use the following Live@Edu  features:
Microsoft Outlook Live
Live@Edu  provides an optimized & professional e-mail experience, similar to what you may use in your future workplace.
- Get 10GB inbox, 20MB attachments
- Protect e-mail from spam & viruses
Microsoft Office Web Apps
Live@Edu  provides you with the benefits of working with online documents using the familiar Microsoft Office experience.
- Easily store files and documents online in a password protected environment
- Access, view, and edit your online documents from home, classroom, library, or virtually any PC that is connected to the Internet
Windows Live SkyDrive
Store documents and photos online so they can access them from any computer and share with others.
- 25 GB password-protected online storage
- Store your documents and photos online
- Access files from any computer
Windows Live Messenger
The world's #1 IM Client lets you do more than just chat. Your Live@Edu  account will let you connect with your friends and allow you to:
- Enjoy real-time chat, look at photos together, set up group chats
- Full-screen calling
- Computer-to-computer calls
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Share your favorite photos with friends and family. Windows Live Photo Gallery allows you to:
- Get photos from your camera to your PC in a snap
- Find your favorite photos easily
- Make your great photos look even better
Windows Live Mobile
Live@Edu  services are available via mobile phones. Windows Live Spaces & Windows Live Messenger are WAP enabled. Receive your @alfredstate.edu e-mail on your mobile phone through POP3.