Ongoing Civic Engagement Opportunities
- Alternative Break - Ongoing opportunities to engage in service over fall and spring break. Habitat for Humanity’s Collegiate Challenge is a major partner in this initiative.
- Annual Race for a Cure- 5K run/walk benefiting Roswell Park Cancer Institute held during homecoming weekend.
- Celebrate Service, Celebrate Allegany - Serve alongside community members and students from 3 colleges to meet needs and celebrate community. This event coincides with “Make a Difference Day”- the largest day of service in the nation.
- Community Involvement Fair- Community organizations come to campus to share volunteer and internship opportunities.
- Disaster Relief Trips- Mobilize to serve communities impacted by catastrophic events. Past trips have been to Louisiana, North Dakota, and throughout New York.
- Earth Week- A series of events and activities designed to enhance awareness and commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Global Civic Engagement Teams- Short-term service opportunities include ongoing annual trips to Haiti as well as other locations such as Peru. Teams have worked with orphanages, supported medical clinics, conducted animal management clinics, and construct buildings.
- MLK Jr. Dream Week - Week of events which includes education, advocacy, and culminates in a high impact day of service and community building.
- Relay for Life- A community-wide fundraising event to support cancer research, education, advocacy, and service.
- Special Olympics- An annual track and field event held on campus for local youth with disabilities.
- Take Back The Night- A campaign to raise awareness about sexual violence and abuse while advocating for survivors.
- Tunnel of Oppression- An interactive social justice awareness event.