The Student Leadership Center serves as a comprehensive, centralized connection point for students, staff, and faculty to access leadership opportunities on campus and in the greater Alfred community.
Regardless of where you are in your leadership journey, by taking advantage of the Center’s resources, you will develop into a leader who is committed to life-long learning, community engagement, and active citizenship.
The Student Leadership Center, located in the center of campus, is the premier place for students to gather throughout the day in a “one-of-a-kind” designed space dubbed the “Commons” corridor. The Commons corridor places every student who enters the facility in the middle of a hub of activity that allows students from different majors, ages, and different levels of community involvement to be in direct contact with each other; an “in your face” flavor of student engagement.
The Student Leadership Center is the home base for the Emerging Pioneers Leadership Program . The Alfred State leadership experience is an interactive process that develops students who are committed to lifelong learning, community engagement, and having a positive impact on the Alfred State campus and in the greater community and beyond. We believe that every student has the potential and the capacity to serve their community through civic engagement.
The Student Leadership Center will house 13 leadership suites that can only be occupied after the student leaders have submitted a business plan on a project that gives back to the community (campus, local, regional, world) and must include a marketing plan that explains how they will effectively draw other students to their projects.
Learn more about each Leadership Suite:
- American Red Cross Blood Drives 
- Blue to Gold Program® 
- Comedy for a Cause 
- Create, Perform, Listen 
- Disaster Relief 
- Heritage of Historic Logging Techniques 
- International Club 
- Live to Fight 
- Southern Tier Architectural Resource Center 
- VALUES 
- Zero Waste Action Team 
Center for Student Engagement
The Center for Student Engagement provides resources for student organizations (including but not limited to academic honor societies, Student Senate clubs, club sports, fraternities and sororities, and interest groups) and advisers. The “Bullpen” creates a collaborative environment for students to work together with other student organization student leaders.
Benefits for student organizations include:
- Use of the college name, services, equipment, and facilities according to outlined policies and procedures.
- The ability to use the PioneerLink  system.
- Permission to submit room reservation forms, tabling forms, and fundraising forms in compliance with the Campus Activities policies.
- Permission to advertise on campus in compliance with the Posting policy. Each registered organization will have various listing opportunities in promotion and publication of their organization.
- The ability for officers to request participation in any Just in Time Training  (login required) options.
- The ability to utilize the resources and services provided in The Bullpen: Student Organization Resource Center.
Resources available to student organization advisers:
- All advisers are invited to join our online community on PioneerLink  called "The Bullpen." This will be a great space for advisers to communicate with each other, share ideas, ask questions, RSVP for upcoming events, and find resources.
- Advisers can join other advisers as they share ideas, experiences, and advice to better help their organizations. Creating an environment of shared knowledge, collaboration opportunities, and what their role is.
- Send us your ideas on workshops and resources we can provide for you.
- Stop by The Center for Student Engagement to ask questions, utilize resources, or check in with our office. Visit online  (login required).
For information on how to start a club or organization, visit the links below:
- Recognition and re-recognition process 
- How to create a constitution 
- How to develop a mission 
Request for student office space  (login required).