Civic engagement consists of individual and collective actions designed to identify and address issues of public concern. In other words, this idea is about taking action in our community, being a problem solver, and working with others to address the root cause of challenges in our community.
Civic engagement can be. . .
- Volunteer service in the community such as helping a neighbor, serving as a firefighter, or helping out a community organization
- Political involvement such as voting and contacting your elected officials
- Advocacy and activism - taking a stand for an important issue such as signing a petition or participating in a rally
- Community Education - sharing your knowledge with others
- Fundraising to raise awareness and support a cause
"Like" the Engage & Lead at Alfred State page on Facebook .