- Alfred State Circulation and Access Privileges by Type of Borrower
- Library Card Registration Guidelines
- Patron Responsibilities
- Use of Electronic Resources
|Fines||Library card |
|Alfred State Student||Yes||28 days||10 days||Yes||2-4 years, depending on graduation date|
|Alfred State Faculty/Staff||Yes||56 days||10 days||No||15 years|
|Alfred University Student||No||28 days||10 days||Yes||1 year|
|Alfred University Faculty||No||28 days||10 days||Yes||1 year|
|General Public||Yes, at librarian's discretion||28 days||10 days||Yes||1 year|
|Open Access||No||28 days||10 days||Yes||1 year|
Note: The terms "Patron" and "Borrower" may be used interchangeably.
- Library cards and borrowing privileges at Alfred State can be obtained free of charge.
- The Alfred State ID card is used as a library card for currently registered Alfred State students, faculty, and staff. The General Public Library card is used by all other borrowers.
- New borrowers other than those affiliated with Alfred State issued ID must provide proper identification when applying for a library card. Proper ID includes driver's license, college ID, passport, etc. A valid phone number is needed.
- Patron must present library card when requesting to borrow or use library material.
- All library privileges are granted only to the person named on the library card; therefore, all books and cards are non-transferable.
- Patron is responsible for the care of and on-time return or renewal of library material charged to his/her library card.
- Patron must return material by date due if item is recalled for use by other borrowers.
- Patron is responsible for payment of overdue fines.
- Patron is responsible for payment of all library materials and processing fees associated with items lost by borrower.
Subscription based electronic resources available through the library's Web page are available for on- or off-campus use by current Alfred State students, faculty, and staff.
Regular Circulating Materials: Books and AV: $0.25 a day
Reserve Items: $6 per day
Consult the complete Circulation Policy  (pdf) for more information.