The symposium will be 10 -11:30 a.m. and 1 - 4 p.m. For those wishing to bring a picnic lunch, a designated area will be announced at the meeting.
Presenting from Pennsylvania State University/Center for Pollinator Research:
- Maryann Frazier, Pennsylvania state extension entomologist
- A survey of recent research findings regarding honey bee health  (PDF 2.9 MB)
- Synergistic and Sublethal Effects of Pesticides on Honey Bees  (PDF 1.3 MB)
- Dr. James Frazier, Professor, Department of Entomology
Presenting from the USDA-ARS Honey Bee Pollination Lab in Tucson, Arizona:
- Dr. Gloria DeGrandi-Hoffman, Research Director - The effects of fungicides on honey bee nutrition and health  (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Dr. Diana Sammataro - Beneficial microflora in honey bee colonies  (PDF 3.6 MB)
- Dr. Kirk Anderson - Genetics, genomics, and microbial ecology  (PDF 1.7 MB)
- Dr. Mark Carroll - Varroa mite attractants; potential solution for varroa mite/viral challenges to honey bees  (PDF 4.7 MB)
DVDs with audio of the presentations are available. If you would like a DVD, please contact Brian Baker, executive director of the Institute for Sustainability at Alfred State College by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org  or phone (607) 587-4744.