The Center for Organic and Sustainable Agriculture (COSA) supports Alfred State College's tradition of excellence in higher education and also offers alternative education programs for the community.
Since 2007, COSA has organized or co-sponsored several day-long workshops open to the public:
- Organic Dairy Production - Introduction to management practices consistent with organic standards
- Supply Chain Conference  - linking upstate New York farmers to downstate markets
- Beekeeping  - the basics of producing honey and other apiculture products
- Fiber Production - ways to maintain animal health and improve fiber quality
- Local Fair Trade  - How to manage an effective labor force and get a fair price
- Pesticide-Pollinator Symposium  - recent findings related to honey bee and pollinator losses
View a list of upcoming continuing education events .
Summer Market Gardening
COSA is developing a summer market gardening short course. Stay tuned for more details.