Alumni often say they want to do something to help Alfred State, but aren't always sure how they can make a meaningful contribution, especially if they live far away from campus.
There are many, many ways you can help! The members of the Alumni Association developed this list of "25 Ways You Can Help Alfred State," which provides methods alumni, parents, and friends can use to help advance the mission of Alfred State through their time, experience, and/or resources.
Some of these ideas require very little time or effort, but can bring tremendous benefit to Alfred State. You can make a difference right now! Take a look at the list and consider how you can help.
- Make a gift  to the College Annual Fund. Every gift, regardless of size, makes a difference.
- Help recruit future Alfred Staters and encourage a prospective student to visit campus.
- Hire Alfred State students and graduates.
- Support Alfred State athletics. Attend and cheer loudly at games!
- Attend Alfred State alumni events in your area, and take a fellow Alfred Stater with you.
- Host an ASC event.
- Update your mailing address, e-mail address, job information, birth of children, etc. by submitting this form .
- Act as an ambassador and share your love of Alfred State.
- Stay educated about Alfred State; share what you know with others.
- Wear Alfred State clothing and/or display Alfred State paraphernalia at home or work.
- Be sure your local high school is well informed about Alfred State.
- Help the Alumni Office locate "lost" alumni. Encourage alumni to keep their records up to date.
- Identify potential Alfred State donors for scholarships, endowments, and naming opportunities.
- Recruit five new Annual Fund donors.
- Write a letter of recommendation for a student applying to Alfred State.
- Identify future leaders for the Alumni Council and other volunteer boards/committees.
- Attend and promote Alfred State activities.
- Remember Alfred State in your will and estate plan.
- Read the College newsletter Transitions.
- Contact a former professor and say thanks for his/her teaching and mentoring.
- Encourage friends and classmates to attend their class reunions.
- Come back to campus and lecture in a classroom.
- Serve as a host for international students over a holiday.
- Come back to campus and participate in Career Day.
- Become a Class Reunion or Chapter Agent.