Alfred State College is part of the largest, most comprehensive public higher education system in the United States, the State University of New York (SUNY). Even though we are part of the largest educational system, we are known as a personal and caring institution. U.S. News & World Report ranks Alfred State College 25th among the top regional colleges in the North.  We are located in the foothills of the Alleghany Mountains in Alfred, New York. The community is peaceful, safe, and the people are very friendly and helpful to students.
Features of Alfred State College:
- The college is regionally accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Scholarships  are available for qualified international students every fall semester
- Access directly into major
- College founded in 1908
- ESL support
- Wireless campus
- 13 on-campus residence halls 
- Employment opportunities on campus 
- Extended stay in residence halls at no extra charge during fall and spring semester breaks