You are hereHome ›
Withdrawing from ASC
For one reason or another, some students will decide to withdraw from the College before the end of the academic term. Leaving without officially withdrawing from the college will result in the student receiving all F’s for his/her course work and will show on the official Status Report of the College as an academic dismissal. Official withdrawal procedures will prevent this from happening, and the following steps must be taken:
Students deciding to leave the college during the semester in progress must officially withdraw. A formal withdrawal from college is not official until the Registrar signs the required form.
If a student withdraws after 30 instructional days, a grade of G (withdrew passing) or H (withdrew failing) will be issued for each course.
Liability is pro-rated for the semester and is based on the official withdrawal date of the student's last date of attendance. Please refer to refund policy for a schedule of tuition and fee liabilities. On-campus students should contact their residence hall coordinator to notify him/her of their intent to officially withdraw. They will be charged if they do not check out of their room properly.
A student who has withdrawn and wishes to register must apply to the Admissions Office for readmission. He/she must receive approval of his/her department chair.
- Student obtains a withdrawal form from his/her department chair. Continuing Education students must go to the Center for Community Education and Training. Educational and Alfred State Opportunity Program students must go to the Student Development Center.
- Withdrawal form is completed and signed by the area of study representative and student. Area of study representative reviews the withdrawal brochure with the student.
- Student takes the signed withdrawal form to the Student Financial Services Office. Student will be informed of any outstanding obligations, and each office representative will sign the withdrawal form.
- Student takes the signed withdrawal form to the Registrar's Office. The Registrar's Office will inform the student of any holds, notify appropriate offices, and record the official withdrawal date.
- Student informs adviser of intention to withdraw.
- Student meets with the Wellsville Student Services representative for help with withdrawal process. Student Services representative reviews the withdrawal brochure with student.
- Wellsville Student Services representative contacts the Student Financial Services Office. Student will be informed of any outstanding obligations and holds.
- The withdrawal form is completed and signed by the Wellsville Student Services representative and student.
- Wellsville Student Services representative notifies the Registrar's Office of the student’s withdrawal. This date is the student’s official withdrawal date.
- Student contacts his/her department chair in writing, via email, notifying of their intention to drop all online coursework and withdraw from the college.
- Department chair initiates withdrawal form on behalf of online student, and submits the withdrawal form with attached documentation (email) from the student to the Registrar's Office. Please note: The date the withdrawal form is received in the Registrar's Office for signature by the Registrar is the official withdrawal date. Students begin to incur liability after the first day of classes. Therefore, it is imperative to act in a timely manner. The student is responsible to follow up with the Registrar's Office to make sure the form has been received and processed.
- The Registrar's Office will notify the Student Financial Services Office of the online student's official withdrawal date. These offices will communicate directly with the student regarding any outstanding obligations and holds.
Remember: Liability amounts are prorated for the semester and are based on the official withdrawal date. Please refer to refund policy for a schedule of tuition and fee liabilities.