Posted Date: Tuesday, October 2, 2012 - 08:25
Hundreds of alumni, friends, and families of current students are expected to join in Homecoming weekend events scheduled for Oct. 11 – 14.
This year’s Homecoming weekend kicks off on Thursday, Oct. 11 with an evening dodge ball tournament between students and faculty and staff under the lights in Pioneer Stadium. Other events for the weekend include:
Friday, Oct. 12
- 6 p.m. -- Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at Lake Lodge – Honorees include the 1994 Region II Champion softball team.
- 7:30 p.m. -- Annual Alumni and Hall of Fame Dinner at Lake Lodge – graduates from the classes of ’62, ’87, and ’02 will be recognized along with graduates from the nursing and agricultural technology programs.
- 8 p.m. -- Dive-in Movie for students and family members at the Orvis Pool.
- 9 p.m. -- The Alfred’s Got Talent – a talent show with an amazing display of student, alumni, and faculty/staff talent.
- 11 p.m. -- Madden Tournament
Saturday, Oct. 13
- 9 a.m. -- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony to mark the opening of Alfred State’s new Center for Organic and Sustainable Agriculture (COSA) at the College Farm. With this new facility, students will learn about organic and sustainable farming practices, making Alfred State one of only four colleges nationwide to provide both traditional and organic farming programs.
- 9 a.m. -- Race for a Cure 5K Run/Walk – proceeds go to Carly’s Club and Roswell Park -- $15
- 10 a.m. --Men’s Alumni Lacrosse Game
- 10:30 a.m. Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony to mark the opening of the renovated and renamed Physical and Health Sciences Building (formerly known as Allied Health Building). Local dignitaries and friends of the College will be on hand to celebrate the opening of this new building and tour its state-of-the-art science laboratories and classrooms.
- 11 a.m. -- 1:30 p.m. -- Tailgate Event and BBQ -- $10 for adults, $5 for children. Cost includes admission to football game.
- 1 p.m. -- Football Game – Alfred State Pioneers vs. Globe in Pioneer Stadium – (Alfred’s Pioneers were 2011 Region III Champions.)
- 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. -- Gold Rush Get-Together – fall harvest-themed carnival
- 4 p.m. – Men’s Alumni Baseball Game
- 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. -- Men’s and Women’s Soccer Games vs. Roberts Wesleyan JV
- 6 p.m. -- Greek Family Feud – the Greeks of Alfred State face off
- 8 p.m. -- Magician Joel Meyers