Life on Campus
- Clubs and Organizations
- New Student Leadership Center
- Center for Civic Engagement
- Housing & Lifestyle Choices
- Student Employment
- Recreational Activities
- Campus Spending Account
- Dining Facilities
- Campus Bookstores
- Campus Library
New Horizons Forum
New Horizons Events
There are currently no academic calendar events posted in this date range. Please check back later.
The New Horizons Forum is a series of presentations and a platform for faculty, students, professional staff, community members, and invited guests to present and reflect on recent scholarly, creative, or public service works of interest to the campus community and the public at large. The New Horizons Forum strives to:
- Enrich the intellectual, social, and cultural life of college.
- Provide for academically viable learning experiences.
- Examine difficult contemporary issues in an open and challenging manner.
- Increase levels of civic engagement on campus and beyond.
- Commit to continuous assessment and improvement of its offerings.
- Involve a wide spectrum of the Alfred State community.
- Make the college a respected center for informed thought and action.
- Encourage faculty and student collaborations.
- Promote multidimensional, interdisciplinary activities.
- Respect the free speech rights of all constituencies.
- Joe Flynn, SUNY Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus
- Dr. Terry Tucker, Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Robert Curry, Associate Professor & Chair of English and Humanities Department
- John Buckwalter, SUNY Distinguished Teaching Professor
- Jessica Hutchison, Adjunct Professor
- Joshua Ronne Altemoos, Student Senate President
- Dr. Doug Pierson, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Brian Quinn, Assistant Professor
- Michael Ronan, Professor
- Dr. John C. Williams, Dean of the School of Architecture, Management, and Engineering Technology
This is a largely volunteer effort. We are seeking support from the Alfred State community and interested sponsors. If you wish to become actively involved, please contact one of the co-chairs or advisers.