What is Civic Engagement?
Civic engagement consists of individual and collective actions designed to identify and address issues of public concern. In other words, this idea is about taking action in our community, being a problem solver, and working with others to address the root cause of challenges in our community.
Civic engagement can be. . .
- Volunteer service in the community such as helping a neighbor, serving as a firefighter, or helping out a community organization
- Political involvement such as voting and contacting your elected officials
- Advocacy and activism - taking a stand for an important issue such as signing a petition or participating in a rally
- Community Education - sharing your knowledge with others
- Fundraising to raise awareness and support a cause
"Like" the Engage & Lead at Alfred State page on Facebook.