The Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan (MPP) is designed to assist students and families in paying educational costs to the college. This plan enables families to spread educational expenses over equal monthly installments and will help families avoid additional borrowing. Monthly Payment Plans are available for fall and spring semesters only. (Monthly Payment Plans are not available for international students and non-matriculated students).
If you wish to take full advantage of the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan, you are encouraged to enroll early.
Available Payment Plans
- The 4-Month Payment Plan (PDF) - Available through Dec. 16, 2016. This plan allows you to budget semester expenses (tuition, fees, campus housing, and meals) into four payments. A $25 non-refundable application fee and a 20% down payment is due when signing up.
- The 3-Month Payment Plan (PDF) - Available Dec. 19, 2016 - Jan. 20, 2017. This plan allows you to budget semester expenses (tuition, fees, campus housing, and meals) into three payments. A $25 non-refundable application fee and a 25% down payment is due when signing up.
- The 2-Month Payment Plan (PDF) - Available after Jan. 20, 2017. This plan allows you to budget semester expenses (tuition, fees, campus housing, and meals) into two payments. A $25 non-refundable application fee and a 33.34% down payment is due when signing up.
- The GI Single Semester Payment Plan - This plan is available to veterans and dependents of military personnel receiving military educational benefits. This plan allows the participant to defer the initial payment until Feb. 10, 2017. Proof of eligibility is required such as the DD-214 Form or an eligibility letter for the Montgomery GI Bill. This plan is not available online. Contact Student Records and Financial Services for more information.
No Interest Charges - Alfred State does not charge interest on our Monthly Payment Plans. By making monthly payments affordable out of "current income," the MPP will help students avoid additional borrowing. The only cost is a $25 non-refundable enrollment fee for each semester to cover administrative expenses. This must be paid at the time of enrollment.
^ back to top
Printable Enrollment Forms
If you can't enroll online and are interested in the Monthly Payment Plan, please select the appropriate form below. Print the form(s) and fax it to 607-587-3275 along with a credit card authorization form for your $25 non-refundable application fee and your down payment. Or you can mail it to the Student Records and Financial Service office along with your $25 application fee and your down payment:
Note: Enrollment in the Monthly Payment Plan is contingent on approval. If you defaulted on a previous plan or were late with your payments, you may no longer be eligible to use the plan. You will not have the Monthly Payment Plan option on your online bill if you have been determined to be ineligible. You may contact Student Records and Financial Services to appeal this decision.
^ back to top
The MPP offers several methods of paying:
^ back to top
Determining Your Monthly Payment
Add up your expenses for the semester you wish to budget and subtract any known credits you may have (grants, loans, scholarships, etc.) to determine your remaining balance due.
- If you are signing up for the 4-month payment plan, divide this balance by five to determine your down payment and your monthly payments.
- If you are signing up for the 3-month payment plan, divide the balance by four to determine your down payment and your monthly payments.
- If you are signing up for the 2-month payment plan, divide the balance by three to determine your down payment and your monthly payments
- If you are signing up for the veteran's payment plan, divide the balance by four to determine your monthly payments.
Please refer to the following schedule to help determine when your payment is due. Your non-refundable application fee and down payment are due when signing up for the plan.
Payment Plan Due Dates
^ back to top
Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment in the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan is (MPP) is contingent on approval based on payment history of previous payment plans.
- Enrollment in the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan is accomplished online by following the online instructions or by completing, signing, and returning the appropriate form(s) to the Student Records and Financial Services Office. A non-refundable application fee of $25 (per semester) and down payment are required when signing up for the 4-payment, 3-payment Monthly Payment Plan, and 2-Monthly Payment Plan.
- Enrollment in the Veteran's Payment Plan requires proof of eligibility such as the DD-214 Form or an eligibility letter for the Montgomery GI Bill. A down payment is not required and the $25 non-refundable application fee is waived. You must sign up for this plan in the Student Records and Financial Services Office.
- If you are applying by mail, you will not be considered enrolled until your completed paper work, non-refundable application fee, and down payment are received.
- Enrollment in the Monthly Payment Plan after the initial due date will not change the payment due dates.
- Budget Amount/Adjustments/Cancellation
- Only charges billed by Alfred State may be budgeted.
- Increasing the budgeted amount requires the completion of additional paperwork and cannot be done online. If you increase your budgeted amount, your monthly payments will be increased. Additional payments will not be added to the plan.
- You may cancel your Monthly Payment Plan on BannerWeb or request in writing to have your plan reduced or cancelled. If you elect to cancel your plan and you owe a balance, the balance must be paid in full by the next installment due date or a late fee will be added.
- Installment Payments/Balance
- Installments are due on the 3rd of each month by 4 p.m. (The 10th of the month for the Veteran's Plan.) If the due date falls on a weekend or holiday, payments are due by 4 p.m. on the next business day.
- Payments are not automatically made by the Students Records and Financial Services Office unless you complete the MPP Credit Card Authorization Form. You are responsible for making the payment each month.
- If you are making your payment online (recommended), enter the secure area in BannerWeb. Select Student Accounts on the Student Services & Financial Aid menu. Select Pre-Approved Monthly Payment Plan Payment to make your payment. Check your Monthly Payment Plan Balance to make sure the payment was processed.
- If you are mailing the payment, make sure you allow enough time to reach the office on or before the due date. Payments received after the due date will be assessed a late fee.
- All installments made through the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan will be credited directly to your account.
- Financial Aid
- The receipt of Financial Aid in the form of grants, loans, scholarships, etc. will not automatically adjust your Monthly Payment Plan. You are still responsible for your payments unless you cancel or reduce your plan. Reductions due to receipt of Financial Aid can only be made by requests in writing to the Student Financial Services Office.
- Financial Aid cannot be used as a payment towards the Monthly Payment Plan.
- Fees and Other Charges
- Your application fee of $25 is non-refundable.
- Your account will be assessed a $20 service charge for any payment returned for insufficient funds, or which is not collectible for any other reason, and your plan will be cancelled.
- There will be an additional late charge for any payment not received in full by the due date.
- Failure to Pay
- In the event a participant fails to pay any amount due on the payment plan by the due date, enrollment in the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan will be terminated.
- A late payment fee will be added, and the remaining account balance plus the late fee will be due in full.
- Once terminated from the Monthly Payment Plan for any reason, you will not be able to use the plan again.
Questions concerning the Alfred State Monthly Payment Plan should be directed to the Student Records and Financial Services Office at 1-800-4-ALFRED. We will be happy to assist you.
^ back to top