Taste of Wellsville 2011
Raffle drawings at 3:30 p.m.
Visit the Applied Technology campus and sample a “Taste of Wellsville,” where local food establishments will showcase their tasty signature dishes at stations around campus along with interactive demonstrations by our very own students.
Tickets for food items are 50¢ each available the day of the event. No food item will cost more than $3.50. Ten percent of the proceeds will go to the Jones Memorial Hospital Auxiliary.
Participating Wellsville eateries include:
- Beef Haus
- Case Catering
- Giant Food
- Hot Diggity Dogs
- Papa Louie’s
- Short’s Deli
- Tops Friendly Market
- “Construction Safety Competition” where visitors compete against one another to see who can get “ready to nail” the fastest
- Head-to-Head is a competition where two competitors race to see who can tighten the head bolts on a small block Chevy the fastest
- Minute to Win It has three different challenges (1. piston ring toss challenge 2. piston stack challenge 3. nut and bolt thread match challenge). Competitors try to complete in one minute.
- Tire Roll Bowling
- “Setting the Charge” with a backhoe
- Caterpillar computer simulator
- Biodiesel display
- Rock-N-Block with our masons: lay brick, finish concrete, and give it a go on the paver brick puzzle
- 3D (drafting) modeling demonstrations
- Plasma cutting and welding demonstrations
Child car safety seat checks by ACCORD Corp. and blood pressure checks by our very own nursing students.
Come on out for a great day of food, fun, and even a little “green” education. This is a great event for all ages!