SUNY Workforce Grant for Construction Occupations
This grant is for expanding statewide capacity to serve the education and training needs of the NYS construction industry.
This project will increase the offerings of all consortium colleges through the development of a comprehensive continuum of construction education and training.
This program is extremely important to help enhance and complete a consistent and comprehensive set of programs and curricula that will be a common thread between our consortium colleges and industry. This will ultimately build bridges between high school and BOCES programs, consortium colleges, and industry.
- Enhance our Advisory Council with representatives from the SUNY Consortium Colleges and industry representatives established in our year one project.
- Enhance our curriculum models that are the established industry standards outlined in the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) curriculum.
- Continue to work with BOCES and high schools to ensure that all program deliver a curriculum that meets industry standards with the goal to establish a state-wide articulation agreement for all secondary programs and all participating colleges.
- Continue to establish a non-credit program using NCCER curriculum designed to reach individuals in need of pre-apprenticeship training.
- Continue to assist colleges with identifying and training NCCER certified instructors.
- Develop and enhance models for green building.
- Enhance and expand the first set of bachelor level construction on-line courses to serve the construction industry state wide.
- Continue to expand the relationship with Women in Construction.
- Continue to work with participating colleges to ensure the availability of the 10 hour and 30 hour OSHA Safety Program.