Civic engagement means working to make a difference in the civic life of your community. It involves action by individuals or groups to engage with issues of public concern by taking action, being a problem solver, and working to address the root cause of community challenges.
Civic engagement can be. . .
- Volunteer service- lending a hand to help community members and support community based organizations
- Political involvement- making your voice heard by voting and and contacting your elected officials
- Advocacy and activism - taking a stand for an important issue such as signing a petition or participating in a rally
- Community Education - sharing your knowledge with others
- Fundraising- raising money to build awareness and and support a cause
"Like" the Engage & Lead at Alfred State page on Facebook.