Alfred State’s Center for Civic Engagement is a certifying organization of the President’s Volunteer Service Award- an initiative of the Corporation for National and Community Service and administered by Points of Light.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) program is a way to thank and honor Americans who, by their demonstrated commitment and example, inspire others to engage in volunteer service. Recognizing volunteers encourages a sustained commitment to civic participation and inspires others to make service a central part of their lives. This prestigious recognition of student service is another way Alfred State advances a culture of civic engagement. This is a great way to certify and further recognize the community work you may already be doing through your club, Greek organization, athletic team, or via your academic program.
How Does It Work?
- Visit http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/ to learn more. This award can be utilized for an individual- or a group.
- Volunteer with a community organization. The only service requirements for this award is that the volunteer is not paid for the service and that the service efforts are not court ordered.
- Register at http://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/volunteer
- Add your Record of Service (ROS) Key QTL-74229 to share your hours to Alfred State (located in 'My Profile')
- Click on 'My Service' to track your hours throughout the year
- Your Record of Service is reviewed and verified by Alfred State
- Once your record of service is verified and approved, you are recognized with an appropriate award
Awardees are provided with the following award packet
- Personalized certificate of achievement
- Official President’s Volunteer Service Award pin, medallion or coin
- Congratulatory letter from the President of United States
Below is the breakdown of hours associated with each award. Hours must be certified within a calendar year 12 month period (January-December).
|Hours by Award
|Young Adults (16-25)
||100 – 174
||175 – 249
|Adults (26 and older)
||100 – 249
||250 – 499
|Families and Groups*
||200 – 499
||500 – 999
- Recipients must be a United States citizen or a lawfully admitted permanent resident of the United States.
- Awards are issued for service hours served within a 12-month time period or over the course of a lifetime.
- Awards are issued for volunteer service only. Additional levels of participation with the organization (i.e. charitable support) are not a factor considered for the award.
- Court-ordered community service does not qualify for the award.
- Service must be with an organization that is legally established in the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or one of the territories
Email email@example.com with any questions.